Proactive Cleaning Done Right
Highly sensitive electrical room at galvanizing factory
At the onset of the COVID 19 Pandemic, many commercial facilities were scrambling to get their facilities sanitized and disinfected. SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee was happy to answer the call of this 250,000 square foot galvanizing plant in Monroe County to clean and sanitize to insure the safety and health of their workers.
With many highly sensitive electrical tools and mechanics throughout the plant, our highly trained SERVPRO technicians were able to delicately and thoroughly clean and disinfect all high traffic and high touch areas of the building as well as control areas.
Cleanup and Disinfecting Procedures
Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar type organisms to COVID-19.
SERVPROXIDE™, SERVPRO’s proprietary disinfectant, is a hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to COVID-19 on hard, non-porous surfaces. Currently there are no disinfectants that have been tested specifically for this particular emerging viral pathogen. However, per the CDC, this product can be used against COVID-19. In addition, SERVPROXIDE™ currently has dozens of EPA-approved claims including Feline coronavirus, Canine coronavirus, Staphylococcus (MRSA), E. coli, Salmonella, Rotavirus, Swine flu (H1N1) and more. Porous materials like carpet, rugs, upholstered items, and draperies that are not water sensitive can also be wet cleaned using SERVPROXIDE™.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned- a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee today at 734-299-7006 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Do Cleaning Experts Remove Flood Odors
Flooded Crawl space after rainstorms.
If your building floods during a storm in Southeastern MI, your primary concern may be the damage caused to the building. The odor left behind can be an unpleasant side effect, though. Whether the smell is caused by mold growth or some other element, storm damage remediation experts can help you not only get rid of the flood waters and the damage they caused but also the funky stench that they brought along.
Possible Causes of Odor
Many different smells can assail your nose when you walk into your building after a storm. It may smell musty or rotten. There are many things that can cause bad odors when you have flood damage:
- Large patches of mold
- Sewage loss
- Bacteria growth
After technicians identify the source or sources of the odor, they are better able to address them. They may use a series of tests and inspections to discover exactly where the foul stench originates.
Possible Solutions for Odor
If the problem causing the smell is mold growth, technicians will often start by taking care of it before they disinfect the rest of the space that has damage. Large infestations of mold have to be mitigated by professionals to make sure you get rid of all of it. Otherwise, it is likely to return. If your building has sewage, the whole area has to be disinfected to get rid of the microbes in the contaminated flood water. Getting rid of the issue causing the smell is often just the first step, though. Air purifiers with HEPA filters or pre-filters with activated charcoal may be needed to filter odor-causing bacteria and spores out of the air.
Whether the odor in your commercial building is caused by mold growth, sewage or some other element, certified technicians can help you get rid of it. If you are plagued by bad smells after a storm, it's a good idea to hire someone who can identify and remove the smell completely.
SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee Gives Back to Our First Responders
SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee disinfected City of Flat Rock police cruisers and emergency vehicles
Giving back is a core foundation that our company is built on; as is community. For as long as SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee has been operating, we have always felt a strong sense of belonging in the Downriver area. Like many small businesses, we depend on the positive experiences of our customers and support of the community.
In the past two months, community has never been more important in many parts of our country. We have all had to stand strong together to combat the turmoil and uncertainty felt among us. We have witnessed this strength through our friends, family, essential workers and Frontliners. The City of Flat Rock First Responders have served the community faithfully in an unwavering, determined fashion. We have seen their perseverance in keeping the community safe and healthy. We are so grateful for our many First Responders throughout the county and to show our gratitude, this week we provided free vehicle disinfections for Flat Rock Police Department.
Putting our biohazard cleaning experience to good use, our crew, is eager to give back to our First Responders during this global pandemic.
We appreciate all of the Frontliners who are working tirelessly to keep our communities healthy. From our SERVPRO family to yours, we thank you!
We are Cleaning Experts
Here to Help
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – [SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee, 734-299-7006]
Sign up for our March CE class
Join us on Friday, March 20, 2020 as we will host two CE classes for insurance professionals at Salute Special Events in Flat Rock, MI.
Classes are FREE and lunch is provided. Please RSVP to sccSERVPRO@outlook.com.
We will offer the following classes:
10:00AM-12:00PM (2 credit hours)
This course is designed to assist agents and adjusters in understanding the processes that go into cleaning homes and buildings that are or may be contaminated with viruses and bloodborne pathogens, as well as dealing with customers who have recently dealt with a traumatic event that has caused this contamination.
UNDERSTANDING MOLD IN THE RESTORATION INDUSTRY
12:30PM-4:30PM (4 credit hours)
This course is designed to teach and explain the special procedures used by professionals in mitigating mold damage. Attendees will learn remediation processes which can help control the cost if performed in a timely manner.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL SERVPRO AT 734-299-7006.
Prepare Your Home for Winter Weather
Severe Winter Weather
Living in Michigan, you know how winter works. Winter is our longest season and we even started early with snow falls in November. Now, us Michiganders are looking at frigid, snowy weather for the next 5-6 months (maybe longer). You can be prepared for winter by bundling up in warm clothes and boots. But is your home prepared to face the bitter cold and winter weather for the next 5-6 months?
Here are Some Tips to Prepare your Home for Winter Weather:
- Insulate walls and attics
- Install a door sweep
- Weather-strip doors and windows
- Clean out gutters
- Disconnect and drain outside hoses
- Ensure your furniture isn’t blocking your home’s heating vents
- Repair roof leaks
- Remove tree branches that could get weighed down with snow/ice and fall on your house
- If you have a fireplace, close the damper
- Set the temperature manually and leave it
- Seal furnace ducts
- Insulate hot water pipes and hot water heater
- Avoid ice dams by ventilating your attic and insulating the attic floor
It is that time of year where Michigan gets hit with brutal winter storms and it is crucial to prepare your home for it. Keep our number handy, 734-299-7006. If you suffer storm damage to your home or property, we can be there to take immediate action. We can help minimize secondary damages caused by severe storms.
Electrical Safety During the Holidays
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs.
As the holiday season is upon us, it is important to remember a few tips to maintain electrical safety during the most wonderful time of the year. Below are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Inspect all of your holiday lights. To prevent accidental fires, throw out any strands of lights that have frayed cords. Also, replace any broken or cracked bulbs.
- Use only UL-Listed lights and extension cords.
- Do not overload electrical sockets, extension cords, or power strips.
- It is never a good idea to plug an extension cord into a power strip.
- When hanging electrical decorations and lights, it is best to use a wooden or fiberglass ladder rather than a metal one for your own safety.
- Always turn off holiday lights before leaving the house or going to bed.
Fire Prevention Tips
Burned power strip
SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee is dedicated to educating our communities on Fire Prevention and Safety tips.
- Keep all potential sources of fuel like paper, clothing, bedding or rugs at least three feet away from space heaters, stoves, or fireplaces.
- Portable heaters and fireplaces should never be left unattended. Turn off space heaters and make sure any embers in the fireplace are extinguished before going to bed or leaving home.
- If you must use a space heater, place it on a level, hard and nonflammable surface (such as a ceramic tile floor), not on rugs or carpets or near bedding or drapes. Keep children and pets away from space heaters.
- When buying a space heater, look for models that shut off automatically if the heater falls over as another safety measure.
- Never use a cooking range or oven to heat your home.
- Keep the fire in your fireplace by using a glass or metal fire screen large enough to catch sparks and rolling logs.
- Have wood and coal stoves, fireplaces, chimneys, and furnaces professionally inspected and cleaned once a year.
- Never plug space heaters into power strips.
SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee, no tricks, just treats!
Mario and Luigi say "Happy Halloween"
SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee was proud to support our hometown of Flat Rock in the 5th Annual Spooktacular and Trunk or Treat event. Providing treats to more than 800 kids and helping bring together our community for such a wonderful event was truly a pleasure. We are here in your community and Here to Help You!
Although we specialize in making your disaster, "Like it Never Even Happened", we make it a priority to help out local families and communities and to help provide opportunities for everyone around us. Our success is your success and we take pride being part of such great local events around us that truly add joy and happiness to the communities we're in. SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee, Here in your community and Here to Help You!