Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Housekeeping Horror or Fire Formation?

Housekeeping Horror or Fire Formation?

Contrary to what this looks like, it is not spider web, but a phenomenon that happens during a fire called a soot web.  When synthetic and petroleum based products burn, the particles that remain in the air cling to each other and form these chains that become spider web - like formations.  Many people think that the soot from the fire is clinging to existing spider webs, but these actually are completely created from the contents of the fire, and are by no means, indicative of anyone's housekeeping habits. 

Microwave Fire in Monroe, Michigan

Microwave Fire in Monroe, Michigan

This is all that remained of a microwave that caught fire in a Monroe, MI home.  The fire spread through the kitchen, and there was some  major smoke damage in other parts of the home as well, but thank goodness SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee was there to make it "Like it never even happened."