If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (734) 299-7006

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold in Your Home or Rental Property

10/5/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Mold in Your Home or Rental Property The professionals at SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee are licensed in mold remediation, and are ready to tackle the problem!

The Truth About Mold

Mold:

  • grows from mold spores
    • spores are too small to see unaided
    • spores can survive harsh environments for many years
  • can grow almost anywhere
  • needs to have only
    • above-freezing temperatures
    • protein, such as animal dander, skin cells, wood, plaster, or carpet
    • moisture (high humidity is enough)
  • grows rapidly
  • damages and can even ruin property
  • has a bad smell
  • is unsightly (and can come in many different colors)

If you have a small amount of mold on a dish, for example, you can clean it.  You can even throw the dish away. 

However, if you have a large amount of mold, you need licensed mold remediation.  The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines a "large amount" as an area of 10 square feet or more. 

SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee is licensed in the mold remediation process, and is qualified for even the worst of mold situations. 

If you see or smell anything that may lead you to  believe that you may have mold in your home, please contact the mold professionals at SERVPRO of Carleton/Maybee at (734) 299-7006.  If you are in a rental home, talk with your landlord if you suspect a problem to see if licensed professionals need to become involved. 

Other News

View Recent Posts